For cPanel & WHM 11.44
(Home >> Front Page)
These functions allow you to manage Microsoft® FrontPage extensions. FrontPage extensions allow a user to publish their website directly from their computer through the FrontPage website editing application.
- Microsoft® discontinued support for FrontPage Extensions on Linux servers in 2006. We plan to discontinue support for FrontPage in cPanel & WHM version 11.46.
- Exercise caution when you install FrontPage Extensions, because they have been known to cause security issues. We strongly recommend that you use another method (for example, FTP or WebDAV) to publish your website.
- After you remove FrontPage from your server, you will not be able to reactivate it, and these FrontPage features will no longer display in WHM.
- The FrontPage Custom Module is only compatible with Apache version 2.2. You must install the Custom Module before the features in the FrontPage interface (Home >> FrontPage) will function correctly.
Install FrontPage Extensions
FrontPage extensions allow users to publish their websites through the Microsoft FrontPage application.
To do this, navigate to the Install FrontPage Extensions interface (Home >> FrontPage >> Install FrontPage Extensions) and perform the following steps:
- Select a Domain or User from the appropriate Account Selection menu.
You can also search for an account by its Domain or User. To do this, enter keywords in the appropriate Account Search By text box. Results will appear as you type. Click the desired result.
When you select an account, the associated account information will display in the right portion of the Account Selection section. Make certain that you chose the correct account before you continue.
- Click Install.
.htaccessfiles will be deleted. These are directory configuration files that contain password information. You will need to reconfigure any protected directories after FrontPage extensions are installed on an account.
Install FrontPage Mail Extensions
FrontPage mail extensions allow your users to use FrontPage to set up mail forms for their websites. These forms allow visitors to send email to the website administrator.
When you install FrontPage mail extensions, the extensions install on all domains that are hosted by the server. Exercise caution when you install FrontPage mail extensions.
To install FrontPage Mail extensions, click Proceed.
Uninstall FrontPage Extensions
This interface allows you to uninstall FrontPage® Extensions from a specific user's account, or for all users on your server.
To uninstall FrontPage, perform the following steps:
- If you wish to remove FrontPage from a specific account on your server, select a Domain or User from the appropriate Account Selection menu.
If you wish to remove FrontPage from your server and all of its accounts, select the Uninstall FrontPage For All Users box.
After you remove FrontPage from your server, you will not be able to reactivate it, and FrontPage features will no longer display in any part of cPanel & WHM.
- Click Uninstall.